Green Card Lottery - what is it? Program overview
Green Card Lottery (Green Card Lottery) - is an annual program developed at the request of the US Congress and implemented under the leadership of the US State Department. The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), section 203 (c) provides the certain categories of immigrants - the so-called natives of different countries ("Diversity immigrants").
The aim of the program: to attract the US representatives from countries with traditionally low level of immigration to the United States by providing them with permanent resident status (resident).
The number of visas: 50.000 a year. The visas are distributed among six geographic regions in such a way that no single country may receive more than 7% DV visas issued for any one year.
Visa Distribution Method: computer lottery.
Registration of participants
Sign up to participate in the program, you can manually or using our services. For the self-registration you will need to go to the official website (https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/) and to fill in the English language questionnaire-application electronic form (E-DV Entry Form or Form DS-5501). You are given 30 minutes to fill in questionnaire-application. Partially completed applications will not be accepted (!) If you incorrectly filled out a questionnaire, made a mistake when filling (including spelling), or photo provided by you does not meet the requirements, your application will be disqualified (!!!). You will only be able to take part in the draw again the next year.
- If you entrust our company on your behalf to apply for participation in the lottery, you will need to fill out a preliminary questionnaire of the participant of the GREEN CARD lottery on our website. In this case, you fill out the form in your own language. Our specialists will review and translate the information you provide in the period of acceptance of applications for participation in the program (usually it is 30 days since the beginning of October and early November of this year) and only then will place your bid. In confirmation of registration you will be provided: a copy of the registration confirmation page and your unique confirmation number registration (confirmation number) in electronic form. This information is necessary to access the site and check the status of the application forms.
You can’t apply for registration in the lottery on your behalf if the country of your birth is not included in the list of countries eligible to participate in the lottery (!!!). If your country of birth of (his) wife / spouse or any of your parents is included in the list of countries eligible to participate in the lottery, you will be able to take part in the draw. (Read further for more information.) A complete list of countries eligible to participate in the draw can be viewed on the official website of the program (https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/).
The cost of participation in the Green Card Lottery
Registration in the program is absolutely free. This means that the US government does not charge you any fees or consular fees for participation in the program. If you register as a participant of the lottery and do fill out the form on the official website of the program you do not pay anything.
- If you entrust our company on your behalf to fill the form on the official website of the lottery, you pay the services of the company to transfer the information you provided, verification of compliance with the requirements of your photo program, filling and placement of your questionnaire in English on the website https: www.dvlottery. state.gov during the official registration of the lottery participants.
Requirements for participants of the Green Card Lottery
- Country of the Applicant’s birth should be included in the list of countries eligible for participation in the DV Lottery. If your country does not meet this criterion, there are two ways to resolve this problem: - the first one is if the country of birth of your spouse (wife) is included in the list of countries eligible to participate in the lottery - if so, you can specify in a statement the country of wife’s or spouse’s birth instead of your country, provided that you and your husband / wife will get a visa, and you both will enter the United States at the same time; the second – that none of your parents was born in the country of your birth, and it was not their permanent resident at the time of your birth. If it is so, then you can specify that the country of one of your parents’ birth is the country of your birth.
- The requirement to education or to the applicant's qualifications. You have to have a certificate of completion of secondary school or two years of work experience within the past five years, and we are talking about work for which it needs at least two years of training or experience;
If you do not meet these requirements, you should not apply for the DV program.
- Photo must be made not later than 6 months before the date of filling of the application;
- Photo can be done digitally or scanned on a digital scanner;
- The submission of the pictures that you used to participate in the previous draw will result in your disqualification;
- Photo must be in color with 24-bit depth color image.
- The person should look straight into the camera;
- The person’s head should not be inclined to one side, raised up or lowered down;
- The person’s head should take up approximately 50 to 69 percent of the height of the image. The eyes should be at the level of the 56 to 69 percent of the total height of the image (This is the distance between the lower edge of the image and the location of the eye line).
- Background must be neutral and bright.
- Focus - the person being photographed should be in focus.
- Without glasses – the person should be depicted without glasses and other items on the face.
- Hats and headgears. Photos in which the applicants are represented in a headgears, accepted only if wearing a headgear is due to religious beliefs, but even in this case, the headgear must not cover any part of the applicant’s face. Photos in which the applicants are represented in the traditional national or any other headgear, wearing of which is not due to religious beliefs, are not accepted. Photos in which the applicants are represented in the military headgear or headgears of any airlines or any other headgears are not accepted.
Technical requirements for photographs taken with a digital camera:
- Image Format - JPEG
- The image file size - no more than 240 kilobytes
- Image resolution and dimensions - at least 600 pixels wide by 600 pixels high; not more than 1,200 pixels wide by 1,200 pixels tall. The pixels must have a square shape. This means that the width should be equal to the image height.
- The depth of the color image - 24-bit color. Black and white images (24-bit color depth) and images with 8-bit color are not accepted (!).
Technical requirements for scanned pictures
- Scanner resolution at least 300 dpi
- Image Format - JPEG
- File size image - no more than 240 kilobytes
- Image resolution and dimensions - at least 600 pixels wide by 600 pixels high; not more than 1,200 pixels wide by 1,200 pixels tall.
- The depth of the color image - 24-bit color. Black and white images (24-bit color depth), and the monochrome or grey are not accepted (!)
The period of submission of applications
- Date, time and period for receiving applications for participation in the Green Card Lottery are set separately for each draw. As a rule, the period for acceptance of applications is 30 days. Traditionally, the acceptance of applications begins in early October and ends in early November of this year. Information about the exact dates of registration of applications is previously placed on the official site of the lottery.
- If case of self-registration you will need to verify the information on the official website of the lottery. In the case of registration for participation in the lottery by means of our company - we will do everything for you and on your behalf.
- Application form submitted after the registration deadline, or filled in on paper will not be accepted. According to the law, the applicant or someone on his behalf may submit only one application per applicant during the registration period. The US State Department uses special technology to identify multiple profiles filled by one applicant. Applicants submitting more than one application will be disqualified.
Check the results of the lottery
The results of the lottery and the status of your application can be checked on the official website of the lottery. As a rule, the results of this drawing are available on the official website of the lottery for 60 days. Usually from the beginning of May until the end of September of the year following the year of the deployment of applications, on the official website (www.dvlottery.state.gov) under Entrant Status Check (Check the status of the application). Use your unique confirmation number and personal registration information to access it. Note - Section Entrant Status Check is the only reliable source of information about your winnings in the lottery Green Card.
IMPORTANT (!!!), US Department of State does not notify the participants about the results of the lottery draw. If you participate in the lottery yourself- you yourself follow the outcome of the lottery. If you participate in the program by means of our company we will check the status of your application for you. Please note that winning the lottery green card does not make you automatically the owner of the residence permission in the United States. To obtain this status, you need to meet all the requirements of US immigration law. You will need to indicate compliance with these requirements in the electronic form DS-260, and also personally confirm the consular officer at the interview. These issues may include criminal topics and safety issues.
In The Green Card lottery can participate any person born in any country included in the list of eligible countries. Participation in the drawing is absolutely free. You can self-register on the official site of the lottery, properly filling in the application form in English in the period of receiving such requests in the allotted time to complete the application (30 min.). Wrong filling of application, uncompleted filling of the application, mismatching of the photo requirements lead to the fact that your application will not be accepted. If you do not know English well enough and you are not confident that you can correctly fill in the application the allotted time- we will do it for you! To do this, you need to fill out a form on our website in your language. The time of application is not limited. Our experts will check the information you provide, will make all the necessary translations, will place your application on the official website of the lottery, and notify you of the winning and further actions. Our service fee is $ 100 at the rate of TSB RF on the date of payment.
The material has been prepared in accordance with official guidance to the Diversity Visa program 2018 program.