Of course, the cherished “Selected” after verifying the results of the Green Card Lottery on the official website is not yet a 100% guarantee of obtaining a residence permit in the US, but this is a very big step forward to achieving your dream! Now the main thing is not to relax and pass the remaining stages promptly and competently!
The first stage: filling out the online form DS-260.
To access the DS-260 form on website ceac.state.gov, you will need to enter your DV case number. Attention! WITHOUT zeros. For example, if the number is 2018EU0000012345, enter 2018EU12345, otherwise the system issues a validation error.
- All fields of the questionnaire must be filled in English, using symbols only of the English alphabet. All applications filled in a language other than English will be rejected.
- Most fields of the DS-260 form are required to be filled in. You can not fill in the fields marked as "Optional". And if you fill in some of the items, you can choose "Does not Apply", if this question is not related to you personally. All other fields must be completed; otherwise the system will not allow you to send an application. In this case, an error message will appear on the screen, and you will need to return to the unfilled items.
- If you need to make a break while filling out the DS-260 questionnaire, be sure to save the data that you already made by pressing the "Save" button at the bottom of the page. If you do not press this button and the pause in the filling is more than 20 minutes, all data will be lost, because if there is no user activity in the system, there is an "automatic closing" function to ensure the confidentiality of information.
- After the break, you need to go back to the Consular Electronic Application Center website, enter the necessary information and restore your application.
- After completing the entire questionnaire, make sure that all the data is correct and only after that press "Sign and Submit Application". After sending the form and getting confirmation, you will not be able to return and make any corrections.
- If other members of the family (wife, children) who plan to immigrate with you to America are also listed in your initial questionnaire, do not forget to fill out the forms on them (for each separately).
After filling the DS-260 YOU MUST print a confirmation page, you will have to bring it to an embassy interview!
In addition to the questions "who are you and where are you from?" the questionnaire should include information about parents, spouses and children, including former spouses and all children - biological, adoptive and adopted children of the spouse (s). Prepare the answers for such questions as:
- working experience,
- military service,
- your health status,
- criminal past,
- violations of immigration laws.
In addition, you need to provide an address in the US, to which you will be sent the card of a permanent resident of the United States (Green Card).
In the next chapter, we will discuss in details the issues, related to preparing a package of documents for an interview at the US Embassy / Consulate and mention some of the nuances of successful completing this interview. But meantime...
Of course, you can absolutely independently pass this way on your own, starting from the checking of the status of your application, till the receiving a Green Card in the United States. However, if you are accustomed to trust complex matters to professionals, welcome to our company!
The cost of the package of services for the winners of the Green Card Lottery is $ 1000 for the main applicant and $ 450 for each member of the winner's family who will be immigrating to America together with him/her. If you are our client and were registered as a participant in the Green Card Lottery by means of our PIC-VISA service, you receive a 30% discount.
PROCEDURE OR HOW TO ORDER SERVICE IN PIC-VISA?
To prepare a package of documents for obtaining a B-1 / B-2 visa and to submit an electronic application (form DS-160) by means of the PIC-VISA visa service, you need to order the service for preparing a package of documents in any ways listed below:
- By means of the feedback form (see below);
- By sending an e-mail request: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Having called on telephone number 8 (495) 108-49-28;
Our visa experts will contact you in the nearest working hours and will consult in details on all the questions that you have.